THE CONTENT STRATEGY ROADMAP
Welcome to Day 3!
Today your aim is to get clear on your Content Framework.
In order to succeed in content marketing you need to be strategic and organised. To organize your content into meaningful clusters, we are going to use Content Strands.
Content Strands are the categories under which your content will be organised. They describe what is to be taught and learnt.
- A helpful way to decide your content strands is to brainstorm all of your content topics and write them on Post-its, or squares of paper.
- Then group them into groups of similar topics.
- Condense these brainstormed ideas down until you have 6 – 10 words (for example) in each group, then select one word that best describes this group.
- This will be your content strand, and the other words in the group could be your sub strands (subcategories).
YOUR TASKS FOR DAY 3
1. Brainstorm your content strands (categories).
Follow these steps:
a) Write as many category or topic ideas down as you can think of, that you would like to explore
b) Sort them into groups of similar topics, aiming for 4 – 6 groups, with around 6 to 10 words in each group. (If you would prefer to start with 3, that’s fine, you can ad more as you create content.)
c) Choose one word that best represents each group. These words will represent your content strands.
That’s it for day 3.
I’m starting to sound like a broken record, I know, but I’m going to keep saying this… don’t agonize over any of these steps for too long. The most important thing is to think carefully, but not so carefully that it stops you from making decisions.
You can fix it later.
You are going to make mistakes. But making mistakes is better than not making progress (or money!). You won’t achieve anything if you put your shovel down, feeling overwhelmed, and don’t pick it back up again. Now go and make some decisions and I’ll see you tomorrow!
CLAIM YOUR SPECIAL OFFER
Take your Video creation to the next level.
Get the Video Marketing Survival Guide.
- Select & plan video content that ATTRACTS viewers in droves
- Choose & set up gear so that your videos look and sound PROFESSIONAL
- Edit your videos so that your viewers are HOOKED
- Promote videos on different social platforms so that they are DISCOVERED